Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Friday, November 12, 2010

Reviving and Old Frame

I've always loved this picture, but hated the frame!  Just a boring wood frame.  No detail and not even a pretty color wood.  So I decided to paint it!  Change the look, just like that!  Easy peasy!

I started by wiping down the frame with warm soapy water  The dust was a little embarrassing!
Then, I just taped off my edges with blue painters tape.




I grabbed a can of paint from my stash.  I used the same color on my island.  Homestead Resort Olive.  I know!  Really weird and long name.  Right?  I used a cheap foam brush from Wal-Mart.



Voila!!!  Done!  Quick, easy and cheap!











Do you have a frame or something that needs some life back into it?  Paint always does the trick!  So get busy!  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

I am linking here

Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. It looks great!! The green really makes the picture pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...What a difference a little paint makes. It looks beautiful! I love that green color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame's new color. Looks like you and I were on the same page. Thanks so much for joining the party again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Kim's Boring to Better party! Love what paint can do to transform just about anything!! The picture takes on a new look with just the change of frame color!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!